I bet that got your attention! At least I hope it did. My good friend and awesome designer Kim Broedelet EHD (external hard drive) has failed her. She unplugged it to plug it in to her DH computer so she could back it up to disks and when she plugged it back in she couldn't find anything on it. Her DH took a look too and he couldn't find anything either. So now she sent it into a recovery service where they try to recover as much data as they can. She said she lost about 3 months of work. You can go here to her blog and read about it. I know how devastated I would be if that happened to me. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to burn your stuff to disks for safe keeping. Kim does burn it to disks, but life gets so busy you don't always do it as often as you should and before you know it 3 months have passed. I know that I will be very busy burning to disks for the next few days. I know that it is time consuming, but it is oh sooo worth it.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Posted by pkdoll at 8:05 PM
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Last week I was given another great award!!
I received a special award from a wonderful scrapper and designer from DSO Livia Thank you Livia for this award.The award comes with this text:
"A todas nos encanta los blogs, en la mayoría sus objetivos son mostrar las maravillas y hacer amistades; hay personas que no se interesan cuando les damos un premio y desta manera contribuyen a cortar esos lazos; ¿queremos que se corten o se propaguen?Entonces tratemos de prestar mas atención a ellos! Debemos entregarlo a 8 blogger's que deben hacer lo mismo y poner el texto."
The kit I used is called "Grateful4u" which was a kit I received for being a part of Kimb's CT team. A bunch of designers got together and made this huge mega kit in appreciation to their CT team members. It is an absolutely gorgeous kit and I thank each and every one of them for creating this for us. There are so many wonderful things you can do with this kit. The frame and brush is from Katie Pertiet, and the tutorial I used is from Cassie Jones-both are found at Designer Digitals. The wordart is from a very talented friend Jazzieal from her "Sweet Baby" set at DSO. She sells her designs exclusively at digital-scrapbooking.org.
This next one I had fun with. My daughter has two cats and they are a hoot to watch. This one is Charlie and he just loves crawling into the weirdest places. Just look at his cute little comfort zones.I used a really cute kit from Michelle at Crafty Scraps called "Frisky" It's the perfect cutsie kit I needed for these photos. Michelle has some really awesome kits-you should go check out her store and her blog. She gives out some awesome kits as freebies. The wordart is from Jazzieal. She comes up with some perfect phrases for your pages. This one is from her "Here Kitty" set at DSO. You should go visit her blog too-she always has some really awesome freebies to offer you.
Posted by pkdoll at 9:37 PM
Monday, September 15, 2008
WOW! Time sure flies when you are having fun. The days just zoom by anymore and I get lost in them!!hahaha! Well I have had some good days and some bad days this last week, but I keep moving forward. Busy weekend. Had a birthday party and a wedding on Saturday. Had fun at both, but didn't stay out late.
Now the rules are: 1. The winner gets to put the award on her blog. 2. You must link back to the one that sent it to you. 3. I need to forward this to 7 people whose blogs I love and links on my blog to theirs. 4. Leave a comment on the blogs of the girls you picked letting them know where to pick it up. That's all you have to do. The problem is I don't know 7 people with blogs that haven't already received this--so if you have received this before just know that I too love your blog!!!
1. Carena a fellow scrapper I met at SBM and a very talented designer!!
2. Vanessa another fellow scrapper I met at SBM and she loves giving freebies out of things she creates.
3. Scrapbrat also know as Moonfairy. Another very talented scrapper and designer that I met on SBM.
4. Evee has the most intriguing blog. I just love reading her stories on her blog. She is a very talented writer.
5. Crystall's Creations, I originally met her on SBM but she is a very active participant at DSO as well. She loves giving freebies out and she has a great personality.
6. Livia a very creative designer at DSO. Love her blog!
7. CraftyScraps she is an awesome designer and a great friend! She has received this award many times-but I couldn't resist sending it off to her as well.
I could name more but I tried to find some that I loved who haven't received it yet. Please go visit their blogs-I am sure you will love their blogs as I do.
Here's the next very "Sweet" award. I received this from my good friend Jazzy too. Thank you Jazzy-but it is you that I should be sending it to because you are one of the sweetest people I know. This award was started by Mojo and you should go to her blog to see what the award is all about.
Now the rules on this are easy. Send it to 1 or 100 people you want to praise for their sweet personalities.
1. Kim because she is soooo sweet and caring and always makes me smile. I know that she will get this award over and over.
2. Moonbeam because she is a very caring generous designer whom I CT'd for first. You can find her at SBM (scrapbookMax!)
3. Michelle because she is always there to help me with anything and everything. She helped me with my blog and sooooo many other things. She's been through so much with her health issues but yet is always in good spirits. We can all learn a thing or two from her on life. Love ya girl!
4. These next few are all from SBM and have always been there for me and so many others with their wonderful encouraging words and praise. Crops--I Love you girl! You always make me laugh and you are so generous with your talents, Marion--your LO's are always gorgeous and I haven't heard a negative thought come from you. Granny-you are the backbone of SBM and your humor is one of a kind and I love ya!! Eye-she makes so many many things that she shares with everyone everyday. Fiona-a very talented designer and free spirit, she can always lift your spirits. Melanie (o2bngoodhope) for her sweet words and awesome LO's!!! Her LO's are so creative and I can't wait to see what she will come up with next. And please forgive me for not mentioning everyone that I would love to give praise to for making the scrapbooking community a better place to be--but I don't have enough room to praise everyone. Some day I will have to make an award to hand out to all of them.
And I don't want to forget about dear Bunny Cates from DSO. I just love her blog and her humor. She is one beautiful crazy lady and I love her!!
Well that's it on the award scene. Now I have a couple of LO's to share and a freebie.
Today I am going to showcase a couple of Michelle's freebie kits. The first one is made from her "A little Spooky" which she is giving away as a freebie on her blog.
Here is a preview of the kit.
Posted by pkdoll at 7:57 PM
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Here is the LO I made from her kit. It is a picture of a rose that my dear honey bought me for my birthday 2 years ago. I used Jazzy's WA from her Nature set. The frame is an action by Wendyzine called cut and cluster.Kim is offering a freebie sampler for all of you. You can get it on her blog. Here is the preview of her freebie. So go to Kim's blog and pick up this cute sampler.
And Jazzy made the frame and wordart to go with her kit and she is offering it for free on her blog. So if you would love to have it head over there and pick it up. While you are there give her blog a read--she is a very talented designer and friend.
Posted by pkdoll at 10:00 PM
Monday, September 1, 2008
Well it sure has been a busy week for me!! Sorry I haven't posted all week-but things have just been so hectic and I didn't really have any LO's made so I didn't have anything to share with you. But I am back this week and there is lots to show you. I had a three day weekend because of Labor Day and believe me I am loving it!!!! I have spent a lot of time on my computer this weekend and finally got some LO's done. But I will get to that a little later.
We had two of our granddaughters over night Friday night and I had lots of fun with them. They are so funny! After playing with them for about 2 1/2 hours straight I was looking for some reprieve.LOL! We went outside and I watched as they built some fun little things with wooden blocks-they love to be outside. Than we came in and of course I have the singing bears so we have to turn on the singing bears-all 4 of them-and than we sing and dance around the living room. PLUS the tv is on with cartoons-so you can imagine the little music show we had going on.hahaha! But after about 2 1/2 hours of entertaining the two I ask my honey when do they get ready and go to bed? He says not until about 8:30-9:00! Well it's only 7:30 and I'm whooped! Not to mention I want to get on my computer!LOL! So I get their jammies on and we settle down and watch Scooby Doo! Well about 8:30 I say it's time to go to bed now and I take the younger one Brooke in by Grandpa and she gets in bed with him and settles in-well the older one, Paige announces that she is staying up for a little while yet with Grandma. Grandpa says only for a LITTLE while so we come back and start watching some more cartoons-and all of a sudden here comes Brooke with her happy little butt coming back out too!LOL! Now I have both in my lap watching tv. Well 9:00 comes and they both go to bed and finally I have some time to myself to get on computer.YIPPEE! I no sooner turn on the puter and I am sooooo tired I can't keep me eyes open-so I shut her down and off to bed I go too!hahaha! I love our grandchildren to pieces, but they sure wear this old lady out!!!
DSO has some personal use grab bags up for sale starting today. Below is Kimb's and Jazzy's.
The personal use grab bags are on sale for one week only!! So head on over there and pick them up-they are well worth it.
Posted by pkdoll at 6:20 PM